Sunday, April 12, 2015

On Sunday confession.


Real talk: I have a bad habit of running over past conversations in my head, wondering if I said the wrong thing, or upset someone, or shared something I shouldn't have. I have a small dose of social anxiety, paired with a nice tall glass of judging myself a bit too harshly. I have two fears: representing myself inaccurately, & leaving another feeling judged or criticized.

When I have a full day of conversations with friends & family, I also have a full night of reliving those conversations & dissecting if I've said something stupid or thoughtless.

We all have times when we can't express ourselves effectively, or we accidentally say the wrong thing, or everything just becomes misconstrued & you're left trying to correct yourself with a bad taste in your mouth.

It's ridiculous, right? We all have these things that go bump in our heads. We all have shortcomings, things we're working on, things that make us want to be better. I'm just thinking about this now because my day-to-day conversations are becoming so much more embroiled with opinions about raising our daughter, & I'm entering into conversations with other women that I would have avoided like the bloody plague before. As much as I want to continue avoiding them (please, just let me smile & nod), I can't get any better at it without practice. So, I suppose my point is - please ignore the foot in my mouth. It's sort of lodged there & I have an appointment with my communication skills to have it looked at. Also, your hair looks great.

xo Chlo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.