Monday, April 20, 2015

Life Lately.

 I realized today that I was so busy through my birthday & this week that I barely took any photos! What a dork. At the very least, I had a wonderful & full birthday weekend :). Let's see:

Thursday / 9th: We met Jenna & Marc at Smoke in Plano for dinner. E & I had been to the Dallas location quite a bit, & the new digs do not disappoint. It has the same ambiance, & the same amazing food. Jenna's brother is a bartender extraordinaire, so go visit & get a good cocktail.
Friday / 10th: We had a free day (gasp!), so we ran some errands & took some much needed couch-time.
Saturday / 11th: I got to join Liz's gorgeous family for brunch at Mercat Bistro, which is always so much fun. Those ladies are just so cool. We kidnapped Liz for the afternoon & hit up the Old Monk before dinner with E's family for my b-day. That was my first time at Whiskey Cake, & it was prettyyy good! If you go & you are alcohol-free, ask Dave to make you a Jessica Wabbit - carrot juice, ginger, mint, & some other delicious things that made me feel like a grown-up.
Sunday / 12th: E & I slept in a bit & took it easy during the day. We met up with Liz before she had to fly back home (wahhhh!) & had a quick dinner with Mum. Full-on exhaustion at this point, haha!
Monday / 13th: I woke up to coffee & breakfast in bed :). Along with presents & lotsa love. We headed over to Mum's in the afternoon to hang out & then out to dinner with those awesome, pesky little brothers (heh). I picked Cheesecake Factory, for a huge helping of Chicken Bellagio & lemon raspberry cheesecake. It was a great end to 27, & a yummy hello to 28.

Thank you, everyone, for making this birthday a special one. It's one I think I'll always remember - the last before little one arrives.

Since then, we've just been hangin' tight, getting ready for peach. I had my glucose tolerance test today, so the past 2 weeks I've been keeping an eye on my sugar intake & making sure I'm not giving in too much to the sweet cravings (they are intense!). I'm still at least 10 pounds down since I got pregnant, so I'm not doing too bad ;).



We had lunch at Braindead Brewing in Deep Ellum on Sunday, & I had an amazing BLT. I had to take a picture of it. Just thought I'd share, it felt wrong to keep it to myself.

The painters are coming on Wednesday to get our nursery done; I am STOKED. This means all the organizing & decorating is coming up, which is the fun part, right?

Hope you guys are having a wonderful April.
xo Chlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.