Thursday, January 23, 2014

On rehearsal dinners, honeymoons, & families.

We had an amazing rehearsal dinner in our backyard, coordinated by my mum. This was my one bridal this-is-what-I-want-so-give-it-to-me moment. I knew it would be crazy to have a catered event in my backyard the day before the wedding, but it seemed like it would be really great to have everyone here. & it was! Thanks to mum taking charge of the whole thing, haha. It was like we had two weddings.


After the rehearsal dinner, Liz (the most rad MOH ever!) & I went the NYLO for the night. It was so weird leaving Eric at home! We are one of those annoying couples who are basically never apart, so it was really hard to leave at such an anxious time. But Liz was awesome & we drank too much champagne in our posh hotel room.



Once all of the festivities were over, it was great to relax & spend time with family. We spent a few days showing them around Dallas & Fort Worth before we headed off on our honeymoon. I have to say, it was so funny seeing them react to our fantastic shopping in Dallas - the selection & prices are so much different to Australia. & then there's all the FOOD. They were pretty impressed, I think, & it was nice to take them to a few of our favorite places.



We left on the same day as family to head to California for our little honeymoon. We went to Eric's hometown, San Luis Obispo, for a stress-free vacay. It's nice to go somewhere you're already familiar with after the intense wedding experience. It was a lovely time - wine & beer tastings, good food, & lots of sleep.



After four days in San Luis Obispo, we met my Dad & family in LA to explore the city & Universal Studios. It was a blast to see that with my brother & sister - kids make that place a lot of fun! It was a short couple of days, but I'm so glad we got the chance to do it :).



Phew. These really were the most insane weeks of my life. As much as I cherish every moment that I was privileged to experience, I can say with all certainty - NEVER AGAIN.  Eric is the one & only, because I'll never do it again, haha ;|.

Take care, loves!
Chlo xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.